Tuesday, 11 July 2017

THE LAST BIG JOLLY ~ Part I Of Our Latest Epically Epic Adventure!

Welcome to


featuring

in


In our latest mind-blowing, fur-raising, most epically epic adventure to date when we attempt to travel around the wurld in 42 and a bit days!

What could possibly go wrong?


Pawesome greetings supurr pals

Welcome to Part I of our latest saga and we know this is the post mew've all been waiting fur since last Tuesday, so let's get started! 

To catch up on the action, here's the link fur last week:



>^.^<

A quick recap from the last episode:


"But there's 48 destinations on your list and mew think it can be done in 42 and bit days, mew guys are insane!" I said doing a bit mental arithmetic. "That's 1.1429 destinations a day!"

"No we're not insane, we're The 'B' Team and anything is possible!" Humphrey replied. 

Pandora suddenly spoke in her funny little foreign accent.  "Basil I 'av vurked out the statistics and it is purrfectly possible and I 'av already calculated the fastest route fur us to take."

"Hmmm... that's good to know Pandora!" I answered as my mind went on a rampage of utter unadulterated bewilderment. 

"And..." she continued. "Ve're starting our little journey in Paris, my 'ome city, c'est magnifique mon amis, OOH LA LA!"



I just nodded like one of those silly toy dogs peeps have in the back windows of their cars... 

via GIPHY


... as at this point I was rendered totally speechless.  I mean seriously, what could I say?!

** And Cut **




Part 1

The Departure

**And Action!**


Aftur several hours of thrashing out the details of such an epically epic adventure and as our pawesome pals at 15 & Meowing said last week, and I quote:

'You might need Dr. Who's TARDIS to pull this off.'

Neffur fear guys, mew know that The 'B' Team are armed to the teeth, are more dangerous than Aliens 1 to 5, Purredator and Jaws rolled into one, and we have more military than the military plus we have this


Our furry own Time Travelling Telephone Box


It was Tuesday morning when we all congregated in the courtyard, ready fur our departure and furst destination on the Bucket List.

Humphrey said rather smugly. "Basil, I've modified the Telephone Box so we can just teleport to all the destinations on the list in real time."

"Great idea Humphrey," I replied. "That'll save a lot of aggravation at passport control and trying to get all our weapons and ammo through security!"

"Plus I've given her a bit of a make-offur since our last little foray!" he grinned at me. "Wanna see all the upgrades?"

We promptly piled inside our pawesome trans-dimensional time-travelling machine - obviously from the outside it still looks just like an ordinary telephone box except fur the colour changing mood-light the P.A. insisted was installed as said Time Travelling Machine lives in the courtyard 90% of the time, looking like some seemingly benign garden ornament paraphernalia thingy.

Once inside, as just like the Tardis, physics are a thing of the mundane wurld, the Time-Travelling-Telephone-Box aka TTTB is the equivalent space of two levels of our secret bunker, so mew can imagine how much stuff we can pile inside.  There are even random pocket-dimensions that pop up along the corridors too, but mew have to be careful not to walk into those as who knows where mew might end up! MOL 

In all honesty I wasn't purrpared at all fur what waited on the inside, when Humphrey said he'd given the TTTB a make-offur...


...it was beyond amazing, the soft purrple ambient lighting filled the airy space, the shiny surfaces reflected effurything, it was just beyond wurds.  Sleek, modern, and most definitely my kind of control bridge.

I was in such awe of it all I didn't notice that several heathens were already engaging in inappropriate behaviour. 

Snowie yelled. "SMOOCH! Fur Basts sake get out of the reactor tube!"

I turned to see Smooch suspended upside down in the glass tube at the heart of the TTTB.

"What the flip?" I said shaking my head in dismay, and then thought.  'Thank goodness we aren't travelling by conventional means as it would be a freaking nightmare with this lot, we'd be quarantined and grounded before we even left a UK airport, and I really wouldn't want a 6 month stay at the pound!"

Fudge and Parsley insisted they were checking out the integrity of the main beams while Posie had no excuse at all, other than in her non-corporeal form she could just float anywhere she liked.

Smooch's voice sounded rather hollow as he yelled. "OH MY COD this is so utterly EPIC!"

Snowie muttered. "Mew won't be saying that when your fur starts to fall out and your other leg drops off due to radiation exposure!"

"Smooch get out of there now!" I insisted. "We're leaving in five minutes aftur a full systems check and we've calibrated the navigation system."

He stuck his tongue out at me and then flipped the right way up, his paws squeaking as he slid down the inside of the tube. He opened the glass hatch and stepped out on to the metal gangway.

"Basil, Basil, Basil!" he said excitedly. "Can I push the start button? Purrlease, can I, can I, can I?"

OMC! I thought, this is going to be a complete nightmare!

"Smooch, mew Parsley and Fudge go stand by the wall offur there and don't move," I instructed. "Come on chop chop, we don't have all day."

The three heathens dutifully and rather amenably did as they were told.

"Ok, who's on comms?  Who's driving this thing?  Who's on navigation? And where's my chair?" I asked.

Pandora headed fur the navigation console, Snowie was on comms and Humphrey went to the engineering console.  Amber joined Pandora, as she was offur-seeing the newbie and on the next-door console which was the helm.

I turned to the three heathens and said. "Parsley, Smooch and Fudge mew're with Humphrey, learn how to oppurrate this thing. Humphrey explain effurything to them so they know exactly how to fix it, mend it, modify it and whateffur, ok?"

Before I could blink they had all careened across the bridge to Humphrey and slid to a halt.

"No wurries Basil!" Humphrey replied gently smacking Smooch's paw aside as he went to press something he shouldn't.  

I sat in the commanding officers chair, stationed on its little podium and squooshed my bum into the squeaky pleather getting comfy.

"Humphrey, are we ready?" I asked resting my paws on the arm rests.

"Aye Captain," he replied.

"Amber are mew ready and Pandora, have mew inputted the co-ordinates?" I continued.

"Ready!" Amber replied.

"Capitan Basil," Pandora said in funny little foreign accent. "I 'av inputted the co-ordinates fur the entire trip, all I 'av to do is press this button to start the sequencing."

"Furry good," I answered. "Snowie, does effuryone have a comms unit, just in case?"

"Basil I have given effuryone the brand new Earbud 2000 units, which also has GPS tracking should anypurrdy get lost and a few other modifications too," Snowie answered.

"Crew are all systems online and a go?" I asked. "We have all the supplies loaded and all the guns and ammo stowed?"

A unanimous response of. "AYE Captain!" filled the bridge.

"Well in that case then... crew let's get this pawty started!" I whooped in delight.

Humphrey turned to Smooch and said. "Mew can now push the red button."

Smooch's paw smacked the button and that's when the TTTB came alive. 

"Paris here we come!" Smooch hollered.



*   *   *

Five seconds later we landed with a gentle bump and I asked. "Did we make it?"

Pandora looked rather purrplexed. "Capitan Basil, it vould appear that ve 'av jumped through a dimensional portal," she said. "The answer to your question is yes ve 'av arrived in Paris at the correct location, but not the Paris ve vere expecting!"

I glanced at Humphrey. "I thought mew said mew'd re-calibrated this thing?"

Humphrey scratched his chin as he pondered the possibilities. "Hmmmm," he said thoughtfully. "I did, but it would seem that the TTTB still has a mind of its own and decided to take us to another Paris instead."

"What do mew mean by, a mind of its own?" I asked.

"I mean that when I originally built it, I created an artificial intelligence system and it seems to like travelling trans-dimensional, hence that's why we're not in the Paris on our earth, it's taken us to..." he punched a few buttons on his control console and data started streaming on the monitors. "We are... we are in... Dimension 12." 

"Where the flipping flip is Dimension 12?" I asked as the pleather seat squeaked beneath me.

"Dimension 12 is in the far reaches of sector fifty-five in the Goldilocks Quadrant," Humphrey said.

"And that should mean what to me?" I pressed.

"Absolutely nothing," Pandora interjected. "And the A.I. has taken offur all navigational programming and locked me out."

I took a deep breath and said. "OK crew we may as well go see this Paris while we're here so prepare to disembark, check weapons, comms and under no circumstances, and I'm talking to mew three heathens does anypurrdy leave the tour group."

They all nodded and we headed fur the door.

*   *   *

I gingerly opened the door and peeked out.

"The coast is clear," I said in a hushed tone. "Who has the camera drone?"

"That would be me!" Parsley said.

"OK, fire that bad boy up and let's get this picture taken," I said. "Effurypurrdy up the Eiffel Tower now!"

Within two minutes we were all in position and the drone took this.


Snowie who's not keen on heights decided to opt out of the climb, as did Humphrey and Pandora.  Pandora has scaled the Eiffel Tower many times appurrently when she lived in France before she came to Sleepy Hollow.

Five minutes later we were back in the TTTB and I said. "Jeez, what a flipping weird place that was, rather steam-punk-esque if mew ask me, and the pesky tower wasn't even finished pffffftttt!"

They all nodded in unison and I took a moment to cross Paris off the Bucket List.

"So Madrid is next and do mew think this confounded contraption will take us back to our earth?" I asked.

Humphrey shrugged as Pandora tried to input the correct co-ordinates. "Basil," she said. "The A.I. has locked me out completely, Madrid is next but vhere and vhen I 'av no idea!"

I thought about this fur a moment, and then I thought about this last furrmily adventure and I said. "Crew, we're going to do this Bucket List, but we're going to do it BIG, let the A.I. decide when and where... the good news is, it will be the most epically epic adventure we've effur had... the bad news is, we won't have any idea what we're heading into!" I paused fur a moment then added. "Are mew with me?"

"YES CAPTAIN!"

**AND CUT**


It's that time of the post, when we bet mew've more questions than mew can shake your tail at!

Such as:

OMC How could mew leave us hanging like that and we've got a whole week to wait?!

OH MY COD!!!!! OH MY COD!!!!! OH MY COD!!!!!

What's the A.I.'s boggle?

Like what the flip, will mew effur get back to our earth?

Does the A.I. have a name?

Will the three heathens do as they're told?

Did mew take enough snacks?

Is there a vending machine on the bridge?

And what's the litter box facilities like on-board?

If mew have any questions, or would like to offur input, leave us a comment, as mew know we luffs them so much! MOL


Join us fur Part Deux of our Summer Blockbuster next Tuesday, when we continue on our epically epic adventure.... who knows what will happen.... as now we're at the mercy of a Rogue A.I. System!

Until then

Bestest purrs

Basil & The 'B' Team



TTB Interior image By MaxFX used under license from Shutterstock 
Bunker Background Images used under license from Shutterstock.com
Paris Background used under paid Pizap Licence 

28 comments:

  1. Phew! One off the list and counting...um...frankly Basil...I am a scardey cat, MOL! I'll let you and your crew figure out how to fly to all those places. But when you get to Vancouver or Toronto...let me know. I have furmily and furends around there, I might wanna let you meet them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Pipo & Mr Jack, oh mew're no scardey cat, and of course we'll let mew know when we get to Canadian soil!!! MOL XOX

      Delete
  2. It's BIG, Its BOLD, its RED and the AI is out of CONTROL! WOW way to start an adventure guys, this is awesomely Epically EPIC. Paris looks kinda crazy, but in a nice way, though I see they've had some dodgy builders in MOL
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Erin, oh mew know how we roll, nothing is effur simple!! MOL BTW do mew want us to pick mew up? XOX

      Delete
  3. Paris looked very interesting! I wonder what AI has in store for you. I think I will enjoy this adventure as much as Flynn had enjoyed all your previous ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, oh that A.I. is certainly going to be an unknown quotient on this trip, but it'll only add to the excitement! MOL XOX

      Delete
  4. Nine cats in one balloon?!?! Can they work together?!? Or will their rivalries, secrets, quirks, misdeeds, and allegiances tear them apart? Remember, sweet horde of kitties, it's for Humphrey and Snowie! Time to kick some @#$%!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW.......I mean TOTALLY WOW.....epically epic doesn't even begin to describe this adventure and it's only just begun! You've got your work cut out for you on this trip for sure - and now that you mention it, what is the litterbox situation on board and do you have vending machines for snacks????? You have a huge list of destinations indeed - adventure around every corner!

      Hugs, Teddy

      Delete
    2. Hi Momma Kat & Bear, oh mew know we wurk as a team with the odd hiccup, as long as we're armed to the teeth all is well in our wurld! MOL XOX

      Delete
    3. Hey Teddy, dude we've certainly got our wurk cut out fur sure, wanna join us? Oh the litter box situation is good, one fur effury team memfur + one extra just in case, plus we have robot litter box cleaners so we don't have to get embroiled in any clean-up issues! MOL The vending machine is stocked with more snacks that mew can shake your tail at, so hopefully effuryones needs will be met! MOL XOX

      Delete
  5. Whoa! What an adventure you're having! WHeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya guys, it's so luffley that mew dropped by, and yes this adventure is going to be beyond epic! MOL XOX

      Delete
  6. guyz...yea what eggz act lee izza aye eye.... we noe what pee aye iz....N eff bee eye iz...but aye eye izza new one !!!! N sinz yur kinda knot goin wear de buckit lizt sayz yur goin, may bee ewe will end up bak at horace's place N ya noe what happened ther !!! may we pleez haz 8 number 3'z :) oh, N if ya see dee easturr bunnee on easturr eye land... tell him ta leeve R vegatayshun a lone ....him noez what we meen ~~~~~~~ faaaaaaaaaaa :) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabbies, dudes and Miss Dai$y, oh the A.I. is the artificial intelligence unit that basically controls the TTTB, but the only thing is - its got a mind of its own!!! MOL We're dispatching your order of No 3's asap with some fried kraken rings and a side of of fries! MOL XOX

      Delete
  7. Well, that's one location mew can check off the bucket list, right? Even if Paris looked a bit, erm, different dimensional. :) Looking forward to more adventures, mew guys! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gracie & Zoe, yep one down a bazillion to go!!! MOL XOX

      Delete
  8. Hey, hey!!!

    I've nominated you for the blogger recognition award because... well you are meowtastic! ;)
    https://kittyclysm.com/blogger-recognition-award/

    Thank you so much for being such a wonderful part of our community! :)
    xoxo
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elise, oh wow thank mew furry kindly, mew are too kind and we feel so blessed that mew thought of us! XOX

      Delete
  9. Wow, we are very impressed. Clearly, Patty takes guard duties very seriously. We felines don't get the same credit as woofies, but we sure can do it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya guys, thanks so much fur stopping by, and yes we felines don't get the same credit as our K9 furriends... PFFFFTTTT!!! But mew know what, some of us are actually better at guard duty than them!!! MOL XOX

      Delete
  10. Wow, what an adventure ! And it's only the beginning ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Swiss Cats, yep, it's only the beginning.... now where I have heard that before!!?? MOL XOX

      Delete
  11. Wow!!!! This is quite the adventure! We're looking forward to reading about what happens in Madrid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lola & Lexi, oh yes now mew know we don't do things by half!!! MOL MOL XOX

      Delete
  12. Thanks for the shout out :) Just like the TARDIS, your phone box is much larger on the inside :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, oh mew're furry welcome re the shout out!!! And yes, our TTTB is just like the tardis! MOL XOX

      Delete

*Waves Paw* we love comments and do purr extra loud when mew leave one, and we do try to reply to effurypurrdy and visit mew too! ❤️❤️❤️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...